License Plate Renewal in OntarioJuly 22, 2020
It’s that time of year again, your birthday. For drivers that means, a few weeks ahead of time, you will get a notice in the mail that it’s time to renew your vehicle license plate. We need both driver’s licenses to operate a vehicle in Ontario and we must also license our vehicles. We prove that we have done so with a colored sticker on the rear plate.
In order to renew your Ontario license plate, you need “a clean slate”. That means you cannot have any outstanding parking tickets, these show up at renewal time and force you to pay them before a new plate sticker is issued to you.
That’s where TicketSave comes in, this might be the time you need some help negotiating with the province to address your parking ticket debt – we can do this for you, and help reduce the costs to you. Click here for more info.
Here’s how it works:
At renewal time, you can purchase a one-year or two-year license plate sticker for your passenger car, small truck, van, motorcycle, or snowmobile.
You can purchase a one-year or two-year license plate sticker online.
You can purchase your license plate sticker renewal at a kiosk if:
- your sticker expired in the last half of the previous month,
- it expires in the current month, or
- it will expire next month.
If your renewal date is outside of these dates, you will need to visit a Driver and Vehicle License Issuing Office.
Here’s what it will cost you:
Motor Vehicle License Plate Renewal (1 Year and 2 Year)
- In Southern Ontario $74.00 $148.00
- In Northern Ontario $37.00 $74.00
Motorcycle License Plate Renewal fee (1 Year and 2 Year)
- In Southern Ontario $42.00 $84.00
- In Northern Ontario $21.00 $42.00
Snowmobile License Plate Renewal fee (1 Year and 2 Year)
- In Southern Ontario $15.00 $30.00
- In Northern Ontario $0.00 $0.00
Please note: A $1 convenience fee is applied to each chargeable kiosk transaction.
To renew your License Plate Sticker you will need:
- Your License Plate number
- A valid credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express)
- A printer to print your transaction receipt
- Depending on the information on file, you may also need to provide:
- Your vehicle inspection certificate number
- Your Drive Clean six-character security code
- Your insurance company name
- Your insurance policy number
- Your odometer reading
Outstanding fees, such as parking tickets, will be added to your online transaction total. Other tolls, fees or fines must be paid before you can renew.
TicketSave can help you with your debt. We negotiate on your behalf to reduce the amount of your unpaid fines, and set up a payment plan if needed. As soon as the payment plan is in place you can go ahead with your license plate renewal. Don’t let the license plate renewal process worry you because of unpaid fees. Get the professionals working for you instead!
Contact us today before your birthday to discuss your parking ticket debt.