Are you on the ground floor of making an application for a cannabis retail sales store license in Ontario? On Monday, December 17TH 2018 the AGCO will start accepting on-line applications for cannabis-related Retail Operator Licences. All applications will have to be made on-line and we anticipate that applying for a cannabis store license in Ontario is going to be highly competitive. Would you like help or support in applying for a cannabis retail sales store license in Ontario?
The AGCO is the now the province’s regulator for cannabis Retail Operator Licences. The AGCO regulates and licenses alcohol, gaming, horse racing and now Ontario’s private cannabis retail sales stores and their operators. All owners and operators of cannabis retail sales in stores will be subject to the provincial Cannabis Licence Act, 2018, its regulations, and the AGCO’s Registrar Standards.
A private cannabis retail store license in Ontario is now called the AGCO cannabis retail operator licence for sales in Ontario. If you are looking to apply for a Cannabis Retail Operator Licence, you will also need to apply for cannabis retail store authorization and a cannabis retail manager licence. All three will be done on-line.
OVER 160+ REVIEWS!
How to apply for cannabis retail license in Ontario
The cannabis retail operator licence, retail store authorization and cannabis retail manager licence applications are not being accepted at this time (of writing), and the on-line application forms will be available on the AGCO portal on December 17th 2018. However, it is still possible to grow your plans by consulting a highly experienced and knowledgeable paralegal. Ticketsave.ca licensed paralegals are regulated by the Law Society of Upper Canada – the professional body that also regulates lawyers.
Ticketsave.ca has expert paralegals that will inform and advise you in plain and simple language what you need to do and what your options are to get your licences as quickly as possible. Their paralegals have a track record of 15-years, working closely with the AGCO while successfully representing clients who are making licence applications to the AGCO for liquor or defending and fighting for their clients good standing against alleged license infractions.
If you aim to submit on-line applications that successfully comply with the AGCO requirements for its cannabis retail licensing in Ontario then Sean O’Connor from Ticketsave.ca is the paralegal to guide you through the newly legislated application processes for cannabis licenses. Give him a call for a free phone consultation now: 416.835.7411
Sean will help you with your cannabis applications process. He’ll support you through your uncertainties and difficulties while making the on-line applications for these newly formed government regulations. This includes the following:
CANNABIS RETAIL OPERATOR LICENCE
- The AGCO now calls a private cannabis retail store license in Ontario the RETAIL OPERATOR LICENSE
- To legally open a retail store to sell recreational cannabis in Ontario you must have A RETAIL OPERATOR LICENCE
- To apply for a RETAIL OPERATOR LICENCE you must meet the eligibility criteria as described in the Cannabis Licence Act
- Recreational Cannabis store license applicants must show that they are in good- standing with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Ontario personal and business sales tax.
- The Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) will be the exclusive wholesaler and distributor of legal recreational cannabis to private licensed retail stores, and a Retail Operator will be required by law to purchase their retail cannabis directly from the Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS).
- A Retail operator with a Retail Operator Licence can operate more than one retail store if the operator has separate and individual Retail Store Authorization for each retail store
- A Retail Operator has to make application for a RETAIL STORE AUTHORIZATION for each retail store they wish to operate
- The application for a Retail Operator Licence includes a public notice process for residents input that allows municipalities to have the one-time option to prohibit cannabis stores from operating in their municipality – referred to as “the opt-out” by January 2019, and the one-time anytime “opt-back-in” clause
CANNABIS RETAIL STORE AUTHORIZATION
- In order to apply for RETAIL STORE AUTHORIZATION each store must meet the Cannabis Licence Act (CLA) requirements that relate to store location and its layout
- Each store must be at least 150 metres away from a school
- Each store must be enclosed by walls and stand-alone as a store
- No cannabis store is allowed to be set up within a store
CANNABIS RETAIL MANAGER LICENCE
- To ensure the responsible sale of cannabis each authorized store location must have at least one licensed manager
- The Cannabis Retail Manager will be responsible for the cannabis inventory, and for hiring and managing employees
- The Cannabis Retail Manager guarantees that any person who works in the cannabis retail store will be required to complete the approved AGCO training in the responsible sale of cannabis
- The Cannabis Licence Act together with its regulations setout the eligibility criteria for the person who will have management responsibilities in its authorized stores
At Ticketsave.ca our paralegals understand the complex series of regulations under the Ontario Liquor Licence Act. With their years of experience they know how to work with the AGCO under time sensitive conditions. They have the expert knowledge you need to get your Cannabis license applications approved. Let us help you with the Cannabis Licence Act 2018 and be successful with the AGCO’s on-line application process for your private cannabis retail licences.